Read the latest news from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine’s Department of Surgery, Division of Transplant Surgery. The links below take you to articles where you can learn more about our faculty’s latest achievements, awards, and honors.
- Congratulations to Dr. Michael Abecassis and the Transplant Surgery Division who received an NIH T32 award from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases for the renewal of the Transplant Surgery Scientist Training Program. To read more about the T32 TSSTP please click here.
- NBC Nightly News covers the story of 8 patients meeting their kidney donors for the first time post-surgery
- Pen pals of 47 years share incredible bond, bolstered by kidney donation. Click here for full story.
- Congratulations Jason Wertheim, MD, PhD on the 2017 AST Basic Science Career Development Award!
- Dr. Jason Wertheim, surgeon and biomedical engineer at the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center is part of a project called (Re)Building a Kidney (RBK), a consortium led by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) at the National Institutes of Health. The consortium, which includes about 25 biologists and engineers from around the country, is trying to develop tools that will facilitate development of an artificial kidney in the future. To read more please click here.