Read the latest news from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine’s Department of Surgery, Division of Transplant Surgery. The links below take you to articles where you can learn more about our faculty’s latest achievements, awards, and honors.
- Congratulations on your named professorship Jason Wertheim, MD, PhD, Edward G. Elcock Professor of Surgical Research.
- Congratulations Dr. Leventhal for your recent research award from U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command for the study, "T Cell Receptor Repertoire Analysis as a Biomarker for Predicting Graft Rejection in Transplant Recipients".
- Congratulations to Dr. Michael Abecassis and the Transplant Surgery Division who received an NIH T32 award from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases for the renewal of the Transplant Surgery Scientist Training Program. To read more about the T32 TSSTP please click here.
- NBC Nightly News covers the story of 8 patients meeting their kidney donors for the first time post-surgery
- Pen pals of 47 years share incredible bond, bolstered by kidney donation. Click here for full story.