Read the latest news from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine’s Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma Surgery. The links below take you to articles where you can learn more about our faculty’s latest achievements, awards, and honors.
- Congratulations to Mamta Swaroop, MD, FACS who has recently been promoted to Associate Professor of Surgery in the Division of Trauma and Critical Care Surgery.
- The new Northwestern Trauma & Surgical Initiative website has been launched. Check it out here: http://ntsinitiative.org/
- Congratulations to Dr. Mamta Swaroop who was recently appointed as the Program Director for the Center for Global Health Global Surgery Fellowship. The Division of Trauma/Critical Care Surgery is excited to host the incoming fellow, Dr. Marissa Boeck, as she completes her Global Surgery Fellowship program beginning in July 2015.
- Dr. Nabil Issa has been promoted to Associate Professor in Surgery effective September 01, 2014. This promotion honors Dr. Issa's academic accomplishments and a profound dedication to the education of surgical residents and fellows.
- Dr. Marie Crandall was interviewed by CBS Chicago in a feature titled, "Improved Treatments for Gun Shot Victims Saving Lives." Click here to watch interview.