The Resident Performance Evaluation System is designed to standardize the collection, communication, and follow-up of resident performance evaluation data. It serves to clarify expectations of the residents, and provides for a regular and timely formative (feedback) and summative (overall) evaluation system that meets the needs of residents and due process guidelines. The information is used to:
- Make decisions on promotion across residency years
- Provide data to specialty boards for certification as requested
- Write letters of recommendation
- Identify areas of marginal performance and initiate corrective measures
- Note trends of weaknesses so to target needed modifications in the program.
Learn more about evaluations below.